We are extremely proud of the team we have here at the Sterling Group, all of whom are dedicated to providing an expert and high-quality service to both our agency and contractor clients alike. Each month we are asking members of our team to answer questions about their job and themselves so that you can get to know them and the work they carry out for clients. This month, we are introducing you to Lucy Parry:
Questions about your job
1. What is your role at Sterling Group?
My job role is Contractor Accountant
2. What is your background in the industry?
I studied AAT for three years whilst training in practice and joined Sterling a year ago, I am currently studying to achieve my ACCA qualification.
3. Could you please describe a typical day in the office?
My day starts at 8.30 when I open and reply to my emails. A typical day then consists of preparing and submitting VAT returns, updating clients’ accounts, filing year end accounts to Companies House and HMRC. I can often spend lots of time on the phone, speaking to clients to help with any queries, providing advice they may need or liaising with HMRC on tax issues.
4. Which aspect of your job do you most enjoy?
I really enjoy interacting with clients and building relationships. Completing and filing year end accounts that have been particularly challenging is also a good feeling!!
5. Describe your job in three words
Challenging, rewarding, interesting
Questions about you
1. Do you have any hobbies?
At the moment watching Game of thrones!!
2. What is your favourite film?
The Harry Potter series
3. What is your favourite food?
Italian – I love pasta and pizza
4. Where would you say is your favourite place?
In a hot bubble bath!!
5. Do you have any hidden talents or party tricks?
Not sure if it’s a talent but I make the quickest round of tea in the office 😉