What are the benefits of Sterling Umbrella for contractors?
- In some circumstances contractors are able to claim back business related expenses. Depending on whether an individual is subject to supervision, direction or control these could include: allowable travel, PPE and subsistence whilst on assignment.
- There is no burden to ensure financial paper work and tax liabilities are produced and submitted, due to the fact that, as an employee, you are not trading on your own account.
- The countless advantages and the security that being in employment can bring (e.g. holiday pay, SSP and insurances) but with the flexibility that contracting affords.
- Effective support from human resources and health & safety departments.
- Contractors will benefit from personal accident cover that will provide compensation should they be unable to work due to an accident on assignment.
- As contractors will be in continuous employment, their credit status will be improved.
- We provide an SMS service that provides contractors with updates on both payment and receipt of expenses.
Sterling’s Umbrella service is ideal for those contractors wishing to maintain the flexibility that contracting offers, whilst gaining the benefits that employment can bring.
Our Umbrella solution enables contractors to maximise their income, by allowing them to claim back legitimate business related expenses subject to their SDC status.
On top of this, the expert team at Sterling guide our contractors through the tricky world of expense claims, providing insight into what they can and cannot claim for, making the process as simple as possible.
Compliance is always at the forefront of all we do, we ensure that work carried out within our umbrella scheme is entirely compliant with HMRC regulations.
Sterling Umbrella Plus, our new premium umbrella service providing contractors with even more benefits, is now here and ready to provide the same high level service currently offered by Sterling, with some added extra benefits. Read more
Umbrella not the right choice for you?
Take a look at our alternative routes: